Tuesday, May 26, 2009

This weekend was a new milestone -- I took one day off from my 3 mile weekday run...and I missed it!! So on Sunday morning of this three-day weekend, my dog and I hit the trail. Felt great. Then on Memorial Day my wife "encouraged" me to join the family and friends on a 5- mile hike. It literally felt like a walk in the park.

I'm still learning to eat enough -- sort of afraid to tempt myself with any of the old foods I used to overindulge in but the wife looked at my salad during the post hike brunch and told me I wasn't eating enough. Can always depend on my 9 year old not to finish his plate...so I ate half his bean burrito and some healthy tortilla chips (no trans fats) and didn't gain a pound.

Speaking of which...I hit 190 for the first time in years -- that a total of 49 lbs lost since my heaviest the week I started the hCG program at Green Valley Spa in Utah back in February.

Hard to believe I was 205 at my wedding 12 years ago and I thought that was thin. I fluctuate now between 195 and 190 and I think that's where I want to stay.

Bigger question....will the "new me moustache" stay or go?

No comments:

Post a Comment